What do I need to apply to CCFE?
- You have at least five passes at ordinary level in the Leaving Cert or equivalent.
- You have passed the Leaving Cert Applied, Leaving Cert Vocational Programme.
- You have FETAC Level 4 qualifications.
- You are a mature student then your life experience may be sufficient.
How do I apply?
You apply directly to the Castlebar College of Further Education from January onwards online or on the downloadable application form, click here.
Forms are also available from the college office 00353949023134.
Where can I get more information?
Visit the College website at www.ccfe.ie. Talk to your guidance counselor or call to the College and chat. You can attend our open day.
What does it cost?
At Castlebar College of Further Education we try to keep costs as low as possible.
There is a €50.00 application fee, which must be submitted with the completed application form. Without this fee the application is not valid.
In 2010, the budget introduced a €200.00 government fee.
The following categories of participant are exempt from paying a contribution:
- Full medical card holders in their own right, will provide the up-to-date card as evidence of their exemption.
- Those who are eligible under the student grant scheme.
- Those in receipt of the Back to Education Allowance.
- Those in receipt of Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS) allowances.
There are also charges for printing and photocopying, and specific course charges for art and craft materials or First Aid or Manual Handling training. FETAC examination fees must also be paid, subject to exemptions.
Can I get a Grant?
Grants are available to students of Castlebar College of Further Education on the same basis as they are to third level students, subject to means test. Details of the Grant Scheme are available from www.studentfinance.ie, guidance counselors and other advisory agencies.